Monday, December 31, 2012

Somewhere in Between


It's New Years Eve and like a lot of people I am going out to celebrate.
I decided to buy myself a new outfit.
I found the perfect shirt to cover all the imperfections (fat rolls) and picked up a pair of jeans the size that I have worn for the past few years. I didn't pay much attention to them at the time.
I had the thought yesterday that I should try them on and am glad that I did!
They turned out to be "mid-rise" jeans and I couldn't even get them buttoned!
So back to the store I went. 

I spent quite some time going through piles of pants trying to find a pair that would flatter my rather bulging tummy.  I took several pair to the dressing room in various sizes.
Some turned out to be too small and some turned out too big.
Looking at myself in that dressing room mirror I had to laugh at myself...
I have never had this much trouble finding a pair of pants!
Frustration was kicking in!
Back to the piles to look again...there has to be a pair somewhere that will fit!

The newest fad here is the "skinny" jean. 
Tons of them are hanging on the racks and piled on the shelves.
They range from size 0 to 28W.
My thinking: "If they make them that big then surely I can wear them!"
HA!  The dressing room mirror revealed to me that I am somewhere in between
the dreaded muffin top and a semi truck spare tire!
This year I will be celebrating wearing my old but still comfortable jeans.

My trip to the store did accomplish one thing.. I am eager to start my weight loss journey tomorrow with a new found motivation!  





No comments:

Post a Comment