Monday, January 7, 2013

Results, Stress and Alcohol

Day 3 Results... the good news is that I am down another pound.
That is a total of 8 pounds in 3 days!
The bad news is that I drank a glass of wine last night before going to bed.

Which leads me to examine why I felt the need to sabotage myself and my goals.
If you are trying to lose weight and are dealing with too much stress in your life, your body may be going through processes that sabotage your weight loss efforts.
Stress causes your body to release cortisol, which is a stress hormone.
When you body releases an excess of cortisol it interferes with your metabolic processes.

 On New Years Eve, my daughter (age 31) suffered a minor stroke. 
She is in good health, not overweight and this was totally unexpected.
As a Mom, I have worried myself sick.
As a Mom when your child, no matter what age, is hurt or sick you stress over what you can do to help. 
It a natural instinct.
My sleep for the past week has not been good.
I thought maybe having a glass of wine would help me to sleep better even if just for one night.
It didn't help.
I tossed an turned all night long. 
Some good news is that she seems to be doing okay
 and at this point has somewhat recovered from her ordeal.
A bit more good news is that I can keep going on my weight loss journey 
and learn from my mistake.






No comments:

Post a Comment